A proper hot stone session is a great way to relax and relieve tension. Truly. It is therapeutic and feels amazing.
A combination of massage, moisture and heat from the stones is delightful. The heat from the stones relaxes the tension in the muscles while warming the skin which allows for the absorption of moisture and therapeutic oils. The massage helps to smooth out any knots or tightness you may have. The stones can be used all over the body including the face.
Most hot stone massage sessions consist of three phases.
- Massage with oil to find tight areas and apply oil.
- Massage with stones to alleviate the stress and tension in the tight areas.
- The final stage is the placement of stones to send you into a deeper state of relaxation.
A combination of these methods guarantee that you’ll be thoroughly relaxed after your session.
The benefits of hot stones are:
- increased blood and fluid circulation,
- improved blood flow to tissues (muscles, organs, skin),
- and a greater ability to transport toxins and waste products from clogged or injured sites of the body.
Learn more about hot stone massage here.
When to get a hot stone massage
Hot stone massages are fantastic any time of the year. The key idea is to thing about what you want to achieve with your stone massage. Do you want to relax? Do you have an area that is troubling you? Are you a regular massage goer and want to try something different? Really hone in on what the purpose of the session is for and communicate that to your therapist. You will get WAY better results.
If you have never tried a hot stone massage, don’t you think it’s about time you did?